Sunday, December 16, 2007

What's on My Christmas List this Year?

My parents are befuddled as to what to get me for Christmas this year. Yes I know I'm 27 but lists are still important and utilized in my household. Since the annual familial December getaway was sidelined I figured this year is the year to get the big, and I mean THE BIG ticket items. You know what they say, right? Trips to Spain or El Salvador, or wherever my mother chooses to travel for the Holidays may come and go, but a 32" inch 1080p Sony flatscreen lasts a lifetime... well, actually, with my sad pathetic excuse for luck only until the warranty expires. In any event, the sky is the limit this time round folks so join me as I embark on a making my annual last minute, poorly thought out and executed but fun to make Christmas list:

List after the jump! (Mom, this means click on the link that says "More After The Jump)

To make the compilation a bit easier I'm going to split my desires in key categories, starting with:


THE STRETCHING IT SECTION


32" Class BRAVIA® XBR-series LCD Flat Panel HDTV: I'm literally salivating thinking about it.







Blu-Ray DVD Player: Yes there is a difference between Blu-Ray and HD-DVD. I, however, have made my decision


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usPhotoShop CS3: I have Photoshop Elements 4.0, but my creative juices are stymied with that one. I need to expand my horizons.




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Goyard shopping tote: I've wanted one for years. One can only get them at Barney's New York stores. *cough*there's-one-in-LA-*cough*. I know they are pricey little suckers but heck this is my "Stretching It" Section. Preferred colors: Green, White, Red, or Brown.


THE MORE PLAUSIBLE SECTION


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usginette_ny Tube Necklace: small, tasteful, and classic. Was there any doubt?




Image Hosted by ImageShack.usFoley + Corinna Mini City Tote. I love this bag berry much. In fact I love a lot of bags but this is one I don't feel guilty hauling around. (also available at shopbop.com)



Image Hosted by ImageShack.uspuppy: Just look at that face. Seriously, how can one resist. As an equal opportunity owner I am open to many breeds.




Image Hosted by ImageShack.usreplacement sunglasses: My Tom Ford's broke and while I got credit back for them, there is a void that needs to be filled.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.usJ Crew: Have you seen their catalogue lately? I want every shoe, sweater, purse, scarf, coat, in that damn thing. If seriously considering this option come find me as I have post its on my favorites.



THE SISTER AFFORDABLE SECTION


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usOnce on DVD: One of the most memorable movies of the year for me.




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Some suggest gift cards are impersonal but I say Itunes gift cards come from the heart, especially for this music lover who just got a Itouch.




Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI Love Jim T-shirt: I have the mug so I need the shirt to complete the look. Plus if I can't have Jim, I'll have his image emblazoned on my chest. Weird? Yep.




This completes my random and extremely unhelpful guide as to what I'd like for Christmas. You want to know the truth of the matter, though? I honestly don't need anything. I've been uber blessed in my life with such a wonderful family, fabulous friends, health insurance, and a little dog too. So while opening presents on Christmas day will be fun and all, I'll be more excited to be in my house laughing, hugging, complaining, fighting, disowning then reowning my fam. Cause really, there is no present better than that.

No comments: