Thursday, January 17, 2008

Best Use of a Song in an Opening Credit Sequence

While I was walking Fitz this afternoon, my Ipod Touch sang a classic 80's song to me. Honestly, every time I hear it I automatically picture the opening credits to one of the most mind-effing movies of all time. When I got home I did a little youtube search and found the sequence. After watching it a couple of times now I've decided that there is NO better use of a song in the *opening minutes of a movie ever. Not only that, but I believe it's also one of the greatest movie sequences ever. It's just so sinisterly awesome. Do you agree?



Movie: Donnie Darko
Song: "Head over Heels" by Tears for Fears

* I must note that it technically isn't the opening minutes of the movie, but it is the first time we see the secondary characters

2 comments:

joker said...

Cool videos!!!

I like your blog. I think it is cool... the contents are interesting in my opinion. I have bookmarked your blog, keep it up!

Do drop by my blog and have a look.

http://1jokeaday.blogspot.com

Monique said...

Thanks! I'll be sure to check out your blog as well.