Tuesday, August 12, 2008

OH NO THEY DIDN'T!!!!

Flames...Flames...on the side of my face! I have no words. Many of you know that Clue is hands down my favorite movie of all time. I'm not kidding. Favorite song? Yeah that's a toughie, always depends on my mood, but movies, there are no doubts. And if you didn't know it was my favorite movie, well then, now you know, and knowing is half the battle. Anyway I was perusing ew.com and I came across the WORST news EVER. Well, not, not ever. This disaster in Russia is appauling, and Darfur is a mess. Plus, Katie Holmes is still parading around in those butch jeans, but this is some really shitty news. For me. Turns out Hasbro is remaking the Clue game. The game that spawned my favorite movie of all time. The game that I would still play had I not lost half the weapons and the confidential manila folder. But seriously can you believe it!!!! Yeah. I KNOW!!! I can't. Just can't. And it would be fine if it was just a redesigning of the game board. Let me state for the record that I was still adamantly opposed to the idea but I understand shoulder pads on Ms. Scarlett wouldn't seem sexy anymore. However, Hasbro hasn't just decided to re-design characters, they re-made characters. Coronel Mustard? Nope, gone. Replaced by a the "Colonel" a famous ex-football player. Yeah. I KNOW!!! The lead pipe? Finito. Replaced with three new weapons of slaughter, an axe, a trophy, and a baseball bat. Yeah. I KNOW!!! An axe? Really? Who has an effing axe just laying around. And how the hell is that supposed to fit into a little black box with light blue ribbon to be opened in the library? And finally, one now has the chance to die in the spa room, or a theater. Yeah. I KNOW!!! This is just eggregious. I feel like I should start some sort of campaign. I can't just sit here and let this happen. This is my childhood for God's sake. Who's with me!! And here is the rest of it.

No comments: