Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Melancholia


You know those days when all you want to do is not go to work, curl in bed, listen to whiny depressing music, and possibly eat a delish sandwich at noon? Do only chicks want to do this? Anyway, today was that kind of day for me. MY shoulder hurt, my hair was frizzing, my jeans were fitting snug after the wash, a slight coffee stain hit the bottom of my t-shirt, and I had a zit, or what looked like a zit at first, but actually appeared to be a random mosquito bite on my face Yeah, like I said...that kind of day. So there really was only one thing to do. Bust out the "Cab". Death Cab that is. In honor of this lousy day I'm linking a random sample of some of my favorite melancholic songs. Enjoy, or don't. Either way it won't matter. Not today at least.

*Coldplay "Gravity"

Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova "Once"

Death Cab for Cutie "Transatlanticism"

Brett Dennen " There is So Much More"

Cat Powers "I Found a Reason"

*Thanks Jen for figuring out how to find Gravity for me. FYI the song is a B-Side on the "Talk" LP. Chris Martin has since given the song to the band Embrace. Their version not so good

So what songs do you like to listen to during your melancholia? Comment Below.

Oh and Ignore the jump.

No comments: