Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pumpkins at Their Finest

On Monday night I was invited to a pumpkin carving party at a friend's house. While the idea of sticking my hands into nasty pumpkin sludge didn't sound too appealing, I went along anyway, using carpel tunnel as an excuse to feign immobility thus getting me out of physically carving into a pumpkin. And if anyone is wondering, yes, I do suffer from carpel tunnel, or something that to me feels like carpel tunnel. It's an old wound from the law school days inflicted by my Compaq Armada laptop circa 1995 with the little nub for a mouse. People probably don't even know what I'm talking about. That's how old the "nub" is.

Anyway, at said pumpkin carving party, everyone drew from their own inspiration. Some winged it, others stenciled, and one clever friend busted out the Black & Decker drill to make a twinkle light pumpkin inspired by the pages of Martha Stewart. We had a great time drinking wine, eating butterfingers, etc. etc, but as the night ended a thought entered my mind and hasn't left since. What is the most awesome pumpkin I've ever seen? I mean, does a Jim Halpert or Pam Beesly pumpkin even exist? Is there one dedicated to the band New Order? Perhaps not. But it's worth a search. So for the next week before we hit Halloween, er Kimberly's birthday, I want my peeps to email or comment here with the funniest pumpkins they've seen. Artistry is great, but imagination is better. Bonus to anyone who can find me an Office pumpkin. I've yet to find that masterpiece. So to get us started I've got a couple that made me laugh after the jump. And Sara, the party was lovely.


There were several puking pumpkins but this one came with its own toilet. (credit to collegehumor.com)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
At first I thought it was boobs. I was mistaken.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'll be honest it was the hair pick that got the laugh out of me

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Pretty darn original, don't you think?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I can see this one right outside my parents house already

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Not if you paid me a million billion dollars

No comments: