Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Things that I Love: Fashion Edition

Here's a couple of items that I can't live without. So much so that I sew patches on them. Yes..in this instance, I definitely need some stinkin' patches.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us1. sweatpants: A staple. How else am I to survive a James Coney Island hotdog, a Goode Company Taqueria brunch, and a Doritos/candycorn combination without it? Seriously.





Favorites:
Anthropologie Kelti Lounge Pants (shown) $48.00
Lucky Brand Big Sweatpant $54.00



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us2. Joe's Jeans: Best fit jeans hands-down. And I can say this with conviction because I've bought every other name brand out there, just check my closet. Honest. There is just something about the denim itself that is so awesome. Try it out, you won't regret it. Ask my mother. She has two pairs...and was willing to pay full price for them. Now that's something.


Favorite Styles:
Muse (shown) $158.00
Socialite $171.00

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us3. Nude Patent Pumps: They go with everything. It's the new black. I promise. And if you are averse to patent, which I'm sure some are because they feel they can only be worn at night in winter..which no, but whatevs, then go for a simple nude leather. I bought my NPP's about a year ago and if you'll notice they are all the rage now in Hollywood, especially the Christian Louboutins. Now I'm not suggesting that I start trends. I mean, that would be ludicrous to presume...*cough*email-me-for-a-consultation*cough*.

Favorites
Kate Spade Giselle Pump (shown) $275.00
Christian Louboutin Very Prive 942 Pump $770.00


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us4. C&C Tank Tops: I have at least 25 of them in assorted colors and prints. Yeah I know you can get colored tank tops at Target and Old Navy for like 20 cents, and hell I have purchased about 10 white ones alone from Old Navy, but I LOVE C&C tanks. Their colors are fantastic and they are the quintessential layering piece. (exhibit A on the left). Did I mention the softness? Oh the softness, I'd wrap babies in them. For sure. They recently expanded their line to include cotton dresses. I have one in Navy which I bought last summer. I'm going to be buried in it.

Favorite Styles
Classic Tunic Tank $46.00
Classic Bold Tank $48.00


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us5. Cotton Dresses: They are the easiest to pack and the easiest to spice up. Just slap a nice black cotton dress with the aforementioned nude pumps and a long delicate chain necklace or a chunky one, or a locket, or...you get the picture.. and you're off. Of course you can nix the necklace and go for some larger earrings, preferably in a bold color, like red. Or, and I might have to try this soon, skip the earrings and necklace and focus on a woven belt with perhaps an exaggerated bracelet...hmmm that would depend on the cut of the dress, so ipskay eltbay. The good thing about cotton dresses as well is that if you're anti-social like me and would rather see a documentary on America's fascination with credit cards and debt on a Friday night than meet people, then slap on some flip flops and you've got a spectacular outfit to pick up your sandwich at the local Jason's Deli. Win-Win!

Favorites
Velvet Calm, Cool, and Collected Dress (shown) $178.00
Banana Republic Jersey Tunic Dress $98.00
Splendid Raglan Dress $140.00

I hope you loved this installment of Fashion Edition. This will by no means be my last post on the subject but I believe I shall end it here for today. I'm sure right about now you're getting your credit cards ready to run to the mall and collect these items, yes? I thought so.

No comments: